Now that 2023 is “in the books,” let's look at how the real estate market fared in 2023 and where it is headed in 2024. While lack of inventory and interest rates will likely continue to
A Look Back at 2022
Dated: December 12 2022
As 2022 comes to a close and we look toward the start of a new year, let's take a look back at the resources, information, and news we've shared over the past year.
- Culture - Museums and landmarks are not the only culture you can find in this guide. We also include information about history in nature, exhibits, performing arts, visual arts, and war and 9-11 memorials - all in Elmhurst.
- Back to school resources - Includes links to local schools and helpful information about school supplies, activities, school physicals and more.
- Summer camps - From football to kayaking and coding to theatre - there's a camp for everyone in our annual summer camp guide. Our 2023 summer planning guide will post this March.
- Beyond Elmhurst parks and other outdoor areas - archery, fishing, horse trails and more outdoor fun extending past your typical park and outside of Elmhurst
- Elmhurst preschools - Contact information, ages accepted, even potty training requirements, all in our preschool guide. Our next preschool guide will come out in the fall of 2023.
- Commuting in Elmhurst - From airports and train stations to bike paths and the trolley, all you need to know about commuting around or to and from Elmhurst.
- Elmhurst parks - Do you know which Elmhurst parks have chess tables? Horseshoe pits? Butterfly gardens?
We started our 2022 Home Care 101 series by sharing Very Peri, Pantone's color of the year, and wrapped up the year with some tips on keeping warm this summer with heated flooring. Other 2022 Home Care 101 posts covered wallpaper and outdoor living trends and tips for organizing your garage.
Our update on property taxes and appeals is always one of our most popular annual posts, even though it's not anyone's favorite topic. This year, understanding Bath Math - our explanation of what 3.1 bathrooms really means, was one of our most popular posts. Our Real Estate 101 series also includes a moving checklist, an explanation of walkability, and ideas for great gifts for new neighbors (can you believe Goo Gone made the list!?).
Each quarter, we reflect on the housing market and consider expectations for the months ahead in our Market Update posts. Our 2022 housing market updates provide a solid look back at 2021 as well as the first, second and third quarter of 2022. Our 2022 year-end wrap up will be posted in January of 2023.
About once a month, we post the View from 101 York, a listing of events in Elmhurst, Chicago, and the surrounding areas. A variety of events are listed, including holiday celebrations, family events, festivals, theatre and live music performances. Look back at 2022 for a glimpse of all there is to do in the area.
- Holiday events, New Years plans, planets, Potter & Prince
- Trains, holiday events, holiday lights, and outdoor fun
- Apple picking, pumpkin patches, festivals and Halloween
- Live music, family events, festivals, run events
- Outdoor music and theatre, foodie fun, family fun, garden events
- Runs and rides, farmers markets, Father's Day, movies in the park
- Live Theatre and comedy, family fun, Mother's Day, art
- Trivia, family fun, spring break stay-vacation, sharing stories
- Theatre, family fun, Valentine's Day, live music
As we say goodbye to 2022 and eagerly welcome 2023, we wish you and your family health, peace and joy in the new year. If your new year plans include a move, please allow us to guide you as you sell your house and choose a new home.
Latest Blog Posts
From our view at 101 York, there are plenty of fun events to warm us up this February. From a romantic Valentine's hike to a Valentine's dance with the kids, a whisky tasting to a beer festival,
Finding the right preschool can be a stressful undertaking. Teaching style, class times, fit with your family's work and life schedules, toilet training requirements, and more all factor in as you