It's hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about the 2022-23 school year! Many Elmhurst preschools have already started collecting registration forms, arranging tours, and building
AROUND TOWN: New Restaurant Update
Dated: September 1 2021
Burgers, sushi, and live music ... all at restaurants new to Elmhurst (or coming soon!). While it's always disappointing when Elmhurst favorites—like Fitz's Spare Keys and Mr. G's Restaurant—close, it's also exciting to see what new Elmhurst experiences open in their place.
Just down the street from LW Reedy's offices at 101 N York, several new businesses, all sharing ownership, are quickly taking shape in the space that used to house Fitz' Spare Keys. The businesses are expected to open in February 2022.
- Elmhurst Hall. This unique Elmhurst venue will feature live music with audiences as large as 500 and will also serve as a banquet hall that can seat more than 200 people for special events like weddings and community events.
- Ever Onward. This new bar will feature custom-made hard seltzers and local craft beers.
- Kindred Restaurant. This new restaurant is described as a seasonal open-fire restaurant with "flavors from the midwest."
Whether dining in or enjoying carry out, check out these new Elmhurst restaurants:
- The Uptown Eatery, located at 117 N Addison Ave in Elmhurst, opened in June. Everyone's favorites, from salads to burgers to pasta to pizza, are available on the Uptown Eatery menu.
- Harlo Grill, a restaurant first established in Melrose Park, opened at 929 S York in Elmhurst in July. This diner-style eatery features traditional breakfasts along with burgers, shakes and malts.
- Mata Ne, located at 130 N York in Elmhurst, features seasonal New Asian cuisine, including sushi and other "mains" like their Adobo Braised Pork Belly and Shaking Beef.
From burgers to sushi to custom-made hard seltzers, Elmhurst's newest restaurants make it easy to support local businesses.
With over 70 years in the Elmhurst community, LW Reedy real estate agents know this town and the surrounding areas, from restaurants to schools to neighborhoods. If you're thinking of buying or selling a home in Elmhurst or the surrounding areas, contact your LW Reedy Realtor. We would love to help.