Now that 2023 is “in the books,” let's look at how the real estate market fared in 2023 and where it is headed in 2024. While lack of inventory and interest rates will likely continue to
A Look Back at 2021 from Our View at 101 York
Dated: December 15 2021
As we move forward into 2022, let's take a look back at 2021 and the quarterly market updates, home care, real estate 101, Elmhurst resources, and other information we shared throughout the year.
- The popularity of our April voting guide, which provided links to election information, demonstrates residents' engagement in the community. It was our most visited post of 2021.
- Wondering where you can find a Bocce ball court or batting cages in Elmhurst? The most visited resources series post of 2021, our Elmhurst parks post, listed various park amenities and features associated with Elmhurst's many beautiful parks.
- Another favorite was our summer planning resource post, listing all sorts of summer camps for kids with all sorts of interests from soccer to Harry Potter. Stay tuned for our 2022 summer planning post in March.
- Elmhurst parks - Do you know which Elmhurst parks have chess tables? Horseshoe pits? Butterfly gardens?
- Summer camps - Sports, music, tech, animals, even Harry Potter - there's a camp for everyone. Our 2022 summer planning guide will post this March.
- Elmhurst preschools - Contact information, ages accepted, even potty training requirements, all in our preschool guide.
- Back to school resources - Includes link to local schools and helpful information about school supplies, school physicals and more.
- Commuting in Elmhurst - From airports and train stations to bike paths and the trolley, all you need to know about commuting around or to and from Elmhurst.
We started our 2021 Home Care 101 series by sharing Ultimate Gray and Illuminating, Pantone's colors of the year, and wrapped up the year with some tips on protecting your home during the holiday season, like keeping both live and artificial trees at least three feet from heat sources, and setting some New Year's resolutions for your home, including scheduling annual maintenance and checking fire safety plans.
Our update on property taxes and appeals is always one of our most popular annual posts, even though it's not anyone's favorite topic. This year, our Real Estate 101 series also included a moving check list, an explanation of walkability, and ideas for great gifts for new neighbors (can you believe Goo Gone made the list!?).
Each quarter, we reflect on the housing market and consider expectations for the months ahead in our Market Update posts. Our 2021 housing market updates provide a solid look back at 2020 as well as the first, second and third quarter of 2021. Our 2021 year-end wrap up will be posted in January of 2022.
The LW Reedy Around Town series gives us a chance to celebrate local events, like the Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot, share news about local businesses, like our restaurant update, and provide information about important local issues, like the April elections.
Our May View from 101 York was our most popular View of the year, covering summer reading and art programs, outdoor fun, and Father's Day events.
In 2021, LW Reedy proudly celebrated our 70th anniversary, honoring not just the Old Pro who founded LW Reedy but also all of the agents, clients, families and community members who have been a part of LW Reedy since 1951.
As we say goodbye to 2021 and eagerly welcome 2022, we wish you and your family health, peace and joy in the new year. If your new year plans include a move, please allow us to guide you as you sell your house and choose a new home.
Latest Blog Posts
From our view at 101 York, there are plenty of fun events to warm us up this February. From a romantic Valentine's hike to a Valentine's dance with the kids, a whisky tasting to a beer festival,
Finding the right preschool can be a stressful undertaking. Teaching style, class times, fit with your family's work and life schedules, toilet training requirements, and more all factor in as you