This fall welcomes live music, theatre, art, and more to Elmhurst, Chicago, and the surrounding areas. Check out what we've discovered from our View at 101 York. Fall FestivalsBerwyn
AROUND TOWN: Elmhurst Business Update
Dated: January 2 2021
As with most communities, Elmhurst businesses have struggled during the pandemic. We've lost a few treasured businesses, like Stemple's Bike Shop, Tidy Cleaners, and Elmhurst Family Restaurant, along with some exciting new ventures that didn't get a chance to make it before the pandemic hit, like Throw Nation.
We will miss the businesses that closed during this time, and we will continue to support those that have found a way to stay open and grow throughout this time, like Kie & Kate, Flavah, and Gaming Goat. Kie & Kate has new online ordering options, Flavah has opened new virtual party catering options, and Gaming Goat is expanding into new space just a touch down the road from their old location.
Our town is fortunate to be continuing to attract new businesses and support businesses that are growing both in the industrial and office/retail areas. On the industrial side, as of the end of 2020, our business parks continued to maintain low vacancy rates, and some of our industrial businesses, like McMaster-Carr, Chicago Fire & Water, and Closet Works, continue to expand. In the office/retail arena, several new locations have opened or expect to open soon, including:
- ADAPT Chiropractic
- Kozar Law Office
- Mackhard Barber Shop
- High Voltage Hair Society
- Edie Boutique
- The new Beauty Lounge/Judith B combo
Kids all over town are were excited as when they hear the icecream truck coming around the corner when they heard that Dairy Queen is opening up right in City Centre, and not just for ice cream but also for hotdogs and more. Other new restaurants coming to town include:
- The recently opened Primos Locos
- Guac & Tacos new location on North Ave
- Larianos pizza and more
- Waffle Iron, at Brewpoint's Founders location
- Ming Chef, traditional Asian cuisine, and a twist on traditional foods
- Uptown Eatery, featuring burgers and more
- Pasta Bowl Express
The new Take-Out Elmhurst Facebook page features posts from community members sharing information about their experiences with local Elmhurst restaurants.
Looking beyond business, a few multi-family housing projects join many single-family home improvement projects going on around Elmhurst. If you have any questions about the following developments, contact your LW Reedy Realtor for more information.
- The Addison is a 6-unit stunning luxury townhome development in the heart of downtown Elmhurst. The 4-story units will be elegantly finished and will include rooftop decks with beautiful views from the East and the West. Summer completion, starting at $925,000.
- As of early October 2020, 56 of the 58 Elm Creek Townhome units were leased.
- The 195 Condo Project at 195 Addison had 50% of their units under contract as of November 2020.
- The 23-unit Condos at the Hill project, at 105 S Cottage Hill, had 8 units occupied when it opened in the summer of 2020.
- The Flynn, a 212-unit studio, 1- and 2-bedroom project at 183 N Addison is expected to open in March of 2021.
The Elmhurst area continues to grow and welcome new community members, both business and residential, throughout the pandemic. We are grateful to be a part of a community that invests in local businesses, doing everything we can to keep our businesses thriving throughout the pandemic.
To learn more about units in multi-family projects in Elmhurst or single-family homes, contact your LW Reedy Realtor today.
The Reedy family has been in Real Estate since 1951 and I am proud to carry on the tradition of my grandfather, Larry, uncles Dick, Bill and Larry Jr., and my father, Leo. I was born and raised in bea....
Latest Blog Posts
Rarely does anyone look at their tax bill and think, “Yes! It’s just the right amount!” But can you fight it? Maybe. Your tax notice tells you how much you owe, but it