Elmhurst Area ParksElmhurst's parks are well-known for being inviting, safe, clean and family-friendly. While you may be familiar with parks in your community, you may not be aware of all of the
And the Turkey Trots On ... Virtually
Dated: November 6 2020
Every year LW Reedy proudly sponsors and participates in the Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot, an Elmhurst Thanksgiving tradition. We enjoy the crowds, the celebration, the generosity, the exercise, and yes, the hot chocolate. This year, of course, the Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot is going to look a little different. While we cannot enjoy the usual crowds, the trot will go on, virtually, which means we can still enjoy some socially distant exercise and a cup of hot cocoa, and we can certainly still feel the generosity of the great-hearted Elmhurst community.
Not being able to hold this fundraiser in person has a much bigger impact than missing out on a fun event and cherished tradition. As trot participants and Elmhurst community members know, the beneficiaries of this event depend on the funds raised. Please consider participating in this virtual event or donating.
What does a virtual turkey trot look like? Visit the Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot website for the full details. Here are a few virtual trot tips:
- For the FIRST TIME EVER - Thanksgiving travelers can be a part of the trot from near or far. With a virtual race, you can participate from ANYWHERE! Spending your Thanksgiving at your lakehouse? Excellent! Print your race bib off before you head out, and trot around your lakehouse.
- Don't worry. Your Turkey Trot T-shirt collection won't be missing the 2020 shirt. Your shirt will be delivered to your door. Remember to allow time for shipping and delivery.
- The beneficiaries of the funds raised by this event need your help more than ever. These beneficiaries include Loaves and Fishes, West Suburban Community Food Pantry, People's Resource Center, United Community Concerns, Catholic Charlities of DuPage County, DuPage Pad, Elmhurst Walk-In Assistance Network, and the Elmhurst/Yorkfield Food Pantry.
- It's not just one day! If you're the head chef for your Thanksgiving celebration, get your Turkey Trotting done before Thanksgiving. Or work off the extra calories the day after Thanksgiving. You can participate in the Turkey Trot any time between Monday, November 23 and Sunday, November 29.
- There's an app! Download the free RaceJoy app to track your progress, cheer on participants, check results, connect with other participants and more.
- Not up for racing this year but still want to help? Donate today.
LW Reedy is proud to sponsor the annual Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot. We look forward to connecting with all the runners, walkers, and fans on the RaceJoy app.
Happy Thanksgiving from all the agents at LW Reedy and our families.
Latest Blog Posts
Walkability. It seems like a simple concept. A home is "walkable" if you can walk from it to other places most people like to go, like grocery stores, train stations, restaurants, schools, and