It's hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about the 2022-23 school year! Many Elmhurst preschools have already started collecting registration forms, arranging tours, and building
Off-Leash Fun for Our Canine Friends
Dated: August 26 2020
From our view at 101 York, we see many members of the Elmhurst community striding past with all sizes and breeds of canine companions. While we enjoy seeing so many dogs (and their owners) around town, we know how much dogs (and their owners) enjoy a good dog park. Here's a list of local dog parks to explore.
Non-Forest Preserve Dog Parks
- Katherine Legge Memorial Park, Hinsdale. Dogs only permitted in certain parts of the park; only off-leash in specific areas.
- Spring Avenue Dog Park, Glen Ellyn. Permit required.
- White Oaks Dog-Friendly Area, Wood Dale. Permit required.
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Dog Parks
Permits required at Forest Preserve District of DuPage County Dog Parks.
- Blackwell Forest Preserve, Warrenville
- East Branch, Lombard
- Greene Valley, Naperville
- Hawk Hollow, Bartlett
Mayslake, Oak Brook
- Oldfield Oaks, Darien
- Springbrook Prairie, Naperville
Will County Forest Preserve Dog Parks
Permits required at Will County Forest Preserve Dog Parks. All have separate enclosures for dogs under 35 pounds.
- Forked Creek Preserve, Wilmington
- Hammel Woods, Shorewood
- Lower Rock Run Preserve, Joliet
- Messenger Marsh, Homer Glen
- Plum Valley Preserve, Crete Township
- Whalon Lake, Naperville
What's your favorite dog park? What are the pros and cons of the ones we've listed? What dog parks did we miss? Please share by commenting on our Facebook post or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you and family, including your four-legged family members, are considering buying or selling a home, contact your local LW Reedy Real Estate Agent. We're always happy to chat about real estate ... and pets!